Liz Cohen | Client for 18 Years
I want to state without reservation, that Richie Smyth Is an outstanding personal trainer.
Here are the reasons why:
- He is knowledgable. He understands physiology and anatomy. He understands nutrition and how to apply it for optimum health and fitness. He understands the physics of the human body and how to employ the best exercises for strength and endurance training.
- He is patient and understanding. He understands his clients – and pushes and challenges them just enough for success.
- He is empathetic and kind. If you arrive for a training session stiff, depressed, or discouraged, he helps you stretch your mind and body to feel better.
- He will rehab you through illness and injury. There are not many trainers with the expertise to heal the body from these kinds of events. His knowledge of pain control and anatomy is large. He also stays abreast of medical information in order to provide assistance and advice when necessary.
- He has a terrific sense of humor! This may not seem like a logical requirement for a trainer but often his comical take on things provides just the right diversions to get through a tough workout.
- He has an amazing memory and never forgets what body parts you’ve worked on which days. This is so important in building strength and health.
- He is creative and is always coming up with new exercises and routines to prevent his clients from being lazy or bored. He delights in presenting new challenges.
- He is supportive. This is perhaps his most helpful attribute. When you do well, he let’s you know. Encouragement really works in reaching your fitness goals!
- He is truthful. When you re cheating on you diet and exercise, he will not hesitate to tell you. He is careful in his language and doesn’t criticize but by employing his humor as I mentioned above – he helps you get back in form when you fall off the wagon.
I can make these statements because – lucky for me – I have had Richie as my personal trainer for 18 years. I am a 68 year old female and have gone through many physical challenges while under Richie’s care, including illness and serious injury. He has kept me strong, healthy, and confident all these years. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Richie Smyth is the best personal trainer you can have!